Happy New Year to everyone! I hope 2015 brings you all happiness and joy! To start off the new year properly, one needs chocolate and lots of it 😃 so here is my recipe for chocolate mousse. Cheers!
2 cups 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Chips
2 cups heavy cream
4 large eggs, at room temperature
1/4 cup granulated white sugar
1/4 cup strong brewed coffee
1/8 cup rum
- In a large chilled bowl, whip the cream to form light peaks. Set aside in the refrigerator.
- Melt the chocolate chips in the top of a double boiler over barely simmering water, stirring occasionally till smooth.
- In the meantime, whip the eggs with the sugar, cooled coffee and rum at medium-high for about 10 minutes, until very fluffy and thick.
- Stir the melted chocolate into the beaten eggs (the volume of the egg mixture will reduce, don’t worry about it!)
- Fold in the whipped cream.
- Spoon mousse into cups or pretty glasses. Decorate with shaved chocolate and enjoy!